Supplement companies love to claim they've created a real “game-changer.” Pre JYM doesn't play that game. It doesn't need hype or flashy marketing. With 13 hand-picked ingredients included at full amounts, Pre JYM is in a league of its own.
Put simply, Pre JYM is the most effective pre-workout supplement I've ever developed. It's built on solid science and decades of professional experience. Nothing is hidden, and there is no filler. Pre JYM is research made real. It's pure pre-workout fuel."
Hit the JYM!
Jim Stoppani, PhD
Owner, JYM Supplement Science
The Power of Pre JYM
No Proprietary Blends
Look at the supplement facts panel on your favorite pre-workout product and you'll most likely see the term “proprietary blend.” Supplement companies want you to think this means they've created a special blend of ingredients that magically work together to deliver unique results. Because this blend is so amazing, they have to keep the amounts of each ingredient secret so no other company steals the formula.
The truth, however, is that propriety blends can serve a different purpose. They allow some supplement companies to hide how little of each ingredient they've actually put in a product. This can result in cheap, under-dosed, ineffective supplements.
Pre JYM doesn't use proprietary blends. Take a look at the supplement facts panel and you'll see the actual amounts of all ingredients. I have nothing to hide. I'm proud of the amount of each and every ingredient I've included.
For the reasons detailed above, many supplement companies are moving toward transparency and axing proprietary blends. That's a good thing. However, some of these companies are still guilty of grossly under-dosing ingredients.
Take citrulline malate, for example. The research on this potent amino acid shows that you need 6 grams per serving. Most pre-workout products leave out citrulline entirely, and only a few of them provide anywhere close to 6 grams.
No "Abbreviated" Formulas
A handful of companies are as fed up as I am with proprietary blends and under-dosed formulas, but they fall short by using “abbreviated” formulas. An abbreviated formula is one that uses proper dosing of all ingredients, but only includes a few ingredients.
Take, for example, a pre-workout formula that includes beta-alanine, creatine, caffeine, and tyrosine. There's nothing wrong with it, but it could be made a lot more effective through the addition of ingredients like citrulline malate, betaine, and BCAAs, to name just a few. Why would companies not create the most robust formula possible? Because adding more ingredients costs too much money.
Pre JYM includes ingredients that complement one another to prime the body for intense workouts, making it a complete pre-workout supplement. If you're looking for the most complete exercise supplement program available on the market today, take my Post JYM Active Matrix after your workout to get even greater amounts of potent ingredients like Creatine HCl, Betaine, and Beta-Alanine.
Some companies also try to trick buyers by calling their pre-workout product “concentrated.” A serving of one of these “concentrated” products can contain as few as 3 to 6 grams of powder. What kind of magic did they use to cram enough creatine, beta-alanine, citrulline, arginine, caffeine, and other ingredients into that tiny serving? They didn't use any magic, which is why some of those “concentrated” formulas also include proprietary blends. That's also why the serving size of Pre JYM is more than 26 grams. It contains ingredients at proper, powerful amounts.
JS, Not BS
I've been studying supplement science in the lab and gym for decades. I've been delivering supplement advice to millions of people in the pages of Muscle & Fitness, FLEX, and Muscle & Fitness Hers, as well as here on Bodybuilding.com and my own website, JimStoppani.com, for over a decade.
Most importantly, I've been training since I was 11 years old. Before each of my workouts, I would draw on all of my experience and all of my education to concoct my own pre-workout supplement, combining ingredients from 13 different bottles and tubs.
That's why I developed Pre JYM. I wanted to give my friends, colleagues, all of you, and myself the ability to access, in one bottle, the best ingredients in amounts suggested to support your fitness goals.
Pre JYM Active Ingredients Matrix Features
- Full amounts of 13 science-backed ingredients.
- 6 grams of citrulline malate
- 6 grams of BCAAs in the 2:1:1 ratio
- 2 grams of creatine HCl
- 2 grams of CarnoSyn® beta-alanine
- 1.5 grams of betaine
- 600 milligrams of N-acetyl L-cysteine
- 500 milligrams of Beet Root extract
- 300 milligrams of caffeine
- 150 milligrams of AlphaSize® alpha-GPC
- 5 milligrams of BioPerine®
Under the Microscope
Let's take a closer look some of the ingredients and amounts used to make Pre JYM such a pre-workout powerhouse.*
6 grams of Branched-Chain Amino Acids (BCAAs)
- The BCAAs are three amino acids—leucine, isoleucine, and valine—that share a common structure.
- Research suggests that leucine is the most critical because it stimulates muscle protein synthesis.
- Studies suggest the optimal ratio of leucine to isoleucine to valine in a pre-workout product is 2:1:1, exactly the ratio in Pre JYM.
6 grams of Citrulline Malate
- In the body, citrulline is readily converted to arginine, and then to nitric oxide (NO). Research suggests that citrulline increases arginine and NO levels in the body better than arginine itself. Arginine undergoes excessive breakdown by the intestines and liver. Studies have shown that citrulline does not, so whatever you consume is readily absorbed and put to use.
2 grams of Creatine HCl
- Creatine increases physical performance in successive bursts of short-term, high intensity exercise. The beneficial effect is obtained with a daily intake of 3g of creatine.
- Creatine HCl is made by attaching a hydrochloride (HCl) group to creatine.
2 grams of CarnoSyn® Beta-Alanine
- Beta-alanine is an amino acid that gets taken up by muscle fibers and combines with the amino acid histidine to form carnosine.
500 mg of Beta Vulgaris L. (Beet) Extract
- Beet root extract is a rich source of nitrates. When you consume nitrates, they are broken down first to nitrites and then to nitric oxide (NO).
- Beet root extract is a direct supplier of NO and uses a different pathway to produce NO than citrulline and arginine!
- Research suggests that nitrates can improve blood flow to working muscles and the brain.* The result is greater training intensity and endurance, and increased focus during workouts.*
1.5 grams of Betaine
- Betaine, also known as trimethylglycine (TMG), is a modified version of the amino acid glycine.
300mg of AlphaSize® Delivering 150mg of Alpha-Glyceryl phosphoryl choline (Alpha-GPC)
- Alpha-glyceryl phosphoryl choline (alpha-GPC) is a naturally occurring phospholipid compound.
600mg of N-Acetyl L-Cysteine (NAC)
- NAC is the amino acid cysteine with an acetyl group attached to it.
300mg of Caffeine
- Caffeine contributes to an increase in endurance capacity and may help to increase alertness and concentration. Do not exceed a daily intake of 300 mg of caffeine. The beneficial effect is obtained with caffeine consumption at doses of 3 mg/kg body weight at least one hour prior to exercise.
5 mg of BioPerine®
- BioPerine® is a patented extract of the fruit of black pepper, or long pepper, that contains standardized amounts of the active ingredient piperine.
What's in JYM Supplement Science Pre JYM
Flavoured Food Supplement Powder with Amino Acids, Caffeine and Sweeteners
DO NOT USE IF YOU ARE UNDER THE AGE OF 18, PREGNANT OR NURSING, HAVE ANY KNOWN OR SUSPECTED MEDICAL CONDITIONS, ARE TAKING ANY PRESCRIPTION OR OVER THE COUNTER MEDICATIONS, OR SENSITIVE TO CAFFEINE. Consult with a qualified healthcare professional before using this or any other food supplement. Contains 300mg of caffeine per serving, the equivalent of approximately 3 cups of coffee. DO NOT USE WITH ANY OTHER CAFFEINATED PRODUCT. Too much caffeine may cause nervousness, irritability, sleeplessness and/or rapid heartbeat. Immediately discontinue use and consult your doctor if any adverse reactions occur.
Allura Red AC and Tartrazine may have an adverse effect on activity and attention in children. Do not exceed the recommended daily amount. This product should not be used as a substitute for a varied diet or a healthy lifestyle. KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN